Skip to main content

Kohvee Story, Coffee Skincare Products - Review

Another skincare products to share with you.. Yup, I'm a skincare addict if you wanna ask. I have more skincare than makeup products I think. Anyway, I just knew this brand a while ago on instagram and Bali Beauty Blogger with Kohvee Story kindly sent me these products to try. They're all made from COFFEE, uh yeah, I love coffee especially the scent is so relaxing.


Kohvee Story is a collection of coffee based skin care products, made in Bali and established in December 2016. All Kohvee Story products contain coffee extract from local coffee, and carefully produced to create high quality skin care products with coffee benefits and smell like freshly brewed coffee.



Coffee is good for us if we drink in the right amount, and coffee is good for our skin too. It has antioxidant, anti inflamantory, works as detoxifier and last but not least, it has heavenly aroma.

They have 7 products: cleansing oil, serum, moisturizer, sun cream, scrub, deo spray and lip balm. I will review 5 of them.


COFFEE CLEANSING OIL




Packaging
The packaging comes in a pump plastic bottle. It's not too big, convenient to use or traveling. I love the wood detail on the bottle's neck, it makes this cleansing oil look elegant.


Color, Texture, Scent
It's has typical oil color and texture, yellow and thick consistency like vegetable oil. This is the least Kohvee Story's product that smells like coffee. I can still smell the coffee scent but not as strong as others. 

Review
This is a very good product to clean makeup. It's natural and doesn't break out my skin. It also doesn't dry out my skin after washing but not making it too oily either, I like the finish result. For waterproof makeup like eyeliner, etc and matte lipstick, it takes more time to clean. I rub my skin a few times and let the makeup melts a bit then wash it off. 


YUANYANG SKIN SERUM



Packaging
The packaging comes in small glass bottle, easy to carry. I only wish that they will provide pipette cap in the future to make it easier and more convenient to use.


Color, Texture, Scent
The color is so dark and black with some oil shown. It's runny yet oily but it spreads and drops easily, I need to mix it when using between the coffee and oil because they get separated of the different consistency. It has strong coffee scent with some oil scent because it contains sweet almond, olive and jojoba oil. As using it, I can smell the coffee scent until the next morning.

Review
It's a serum but more like oil for me because the finish after using it is really oily, it needs quiet a long time until it's fully absorbed. However, because of the dark color, it makes me look tan after using it. I don't think I will use it for day time, it's for night time only and don't forget to wash the next day. This is my least favorite because the scent lingers too long until the next day and it makes my skin so tanned, LOL. I like the result on the next morning though, it makes my skin plump and moist.


COFFEE SKIN MOISTURIZER



Packaging
The packaging comes in a transparent plastic tube with flipcap, easy to use and light.


Color, Texture, Scent
At first, it looks weird because the color is dark brown. I've never used dark brown colored moisturizer before, LOL. The color comes from coffee, of course. The texture is creamy and easy to blend IF not putting it too much at a time. It smells like sweet coffee but there's also another scent because of the shea butter. The coffee scent lingers until the next morning, especially if I put the serum under, wow it's so coffee.

Review
This moisturizer is quiet good, just don't put too much or it will make white cast or too tan like the photo above. A little goes a long way, I only need a pea size for my whole face. If I don't put too much, it's quiet easy to absorb and makes my skin moist. 



LATTE SUN CREAM SPF 25



Packaging
The packaging comes in a transparent plastic tube with flipcap, easy to use and light.

Color, Texture, Scent
It really reminds me of latte, coffee with milk. It's more into milk because the color is white, but it still has some coffee (brown) color cast sometimes. It has thick texture like typical sunblock. The coffee scent is more calming, maybe because it's latte so it's not as strong as the others but I can smell the coffee. So yummy. The scent easily disappears a few minutes after using.


Review
I didn't like it at first because it's thick and a bit sticky, hard to spread (compared to my usual sunblock). I was afraid that it'd left white cast but turns out it's not. I love it now because after a while, even though the first application is a bit thick, it absorbs quiet fast and leaving my skin silky smooth. I don't need to use powder anymore and it doesn't make my skin oily. Perfect for daily use.


KOPI TUBRUK FACE SCRUB



Packaging
The packaging comes in a plastic tube, same like the latte and moisturizer.


Color, Texture, Scent
The color is dark brown, it's gel with some granules from the coffee seeds. It smells so yummy! My favorite scent between other products. Not a strong one but more like natural yummy coffee, I bet because of the coffee seeds. The granules work as scrub and it's a bit hard so gentle motion is needed when using the scrub. 

Review
This is my favorite product among the others because I love scrub, it's a must have product in my bathroom and I regularly scrub my face 2-3 times a week. I really enjoy using it, while massaging the scrub to my skin with circular motion, I can smell the yummy coffee scent. Uh, love. The result is really great, I have super smooth and moist skin after.



OVERALL

Overall my favorite is the scrub and cleansing oil, they work great for double cleansing. The coffee scent and ingredient are what make these products unique. Coffee has antioxidant properties that's good for the skin and these are great for people who love coffee and want natural skincare products.



========================

KOHVEE STORY


========================

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum

Kalau kalian pecinta brand skincare Korea, pasti sudah ga asing lagi sama brand yang satu ini. Sulwhasoo yang cukup dikenal sebagai High End skincare brand dari Korea memang mempunyai tempat khusus di hatiku. Ini bukan pertama kalinya aku pakai brand ini, cuma karena harganya yang cukup bisa dibilang mahal jadinya dulu incip-incipnya versi sample size. Salah satu must have product di Sulwhasoo adalah First Care Activating Serum yang katanya 1 botol terjual tiap 10 detik. Beda dari skincare lainnya, serum ini justru dipakai pertama kali setelah cuci muka, sebelum pakai skincare seperti toner dan lainnya atau sering kita kenal sebagai Pre Serum . Apa sih yang bikin serum ini so special dan bahkan harganya mencapai jutaan rupiah??? Nett: 60ml Price: IDR 1.850.000 Description Kandungan utamanya adalah JAUM Activator, formula unik anti aging Sulwhasoo dengan golden ration, membantu kulit wajah tampak sehat dan memberikan pancaran alami dari dalam, serta mengaktifkan master of skin universe,...

Hempaskan kerut halus dan kusam dengan Scarlett Retinol & Niacinamide Serum

Back to another review with salah satu skincare kesayangan dari Scarlett. Pasti pada tau kan best sellernya mereka si shower scrub yang pernah aku review sebelumnya. Untuk skincare aku juga pernah coba Brightly Ever After Serumnya dan suka banget.  Sekarang ada serum terbaru lagi nih yang Retinol dan Niacinamide. Kedua kandungan tersebut lagi hype banget di dunia skincare karena untuk Retinol dikenal sebagai anti aging ingredient dan Niacinamide untuk mencerahkan. Dengan harganya yang murah meriah, serum-serum ini wajib kalian punya! Scarlett Whitening Skin Smoothing Retinol Serum Net 15ml IDR 75,000 Kandungan :   Encapsulated Retinol  • Membantu menyamarkan garis-garis halus  • Membantu mengangkat sel kulit mati  • Membantu merawat kekencangan kulit Pomegranate Extract  • Membantu melindungi kulit dari efek buruk sinar UV dan membantu melawan bakteri penyebab jerawat Hexapeptide-8   • Membantu mencegah tanda-tanda penuaan dini  • Membantu m...

Scarlett Whitening Mask Review

Aku sudah sering bahas brand yang satu ini, pasti sudah pada tau Scarlett Whitening kan. Yang mau aku bahas kali ini adalah maskernya. Yes, mereka sekarang sudah ada wash off mask atau masker yang dibilas dan aku sudah coba keduanya. Hasilnya gimana dan apa aja jenis maskernya? Baca di bawah ini yaa! Ada 2 jenis masker dari Scarlett Whitening yaitu: Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask Scarlett Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask Keduanya memiliki fungsi berbeda tapi kalau ditanya suka yang mana, it's hard for me to choose karena aku suka keduanya dengan fungsinya masing-masing. Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask Nett: 100gr Price: IDR 75,000 Description Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask dapat digunakan untuk merawat kulit berminyak, pori-pori besar, berjerawat dan berkomedo. Di dalam Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask terdapat kandungan Mugwort Extract, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Niacinamide, Bamboo Charcoal, Allantoin, Chlorophyllin, Green Tea Powder yang bermanfaat sebagai: 1) Mugwort E...