Skip to main content

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation 52 Vanille & Concealer - Review

Foundation is the last thing I have in my stash. I'm not really into foundation, I'm more a CC and BB cream person so this is the only foundation I have right now. I've been eyeing this for sooo long... I have the concealer version and I like it, so why don't try the foundation since it's very famous among western bloggers and it has serum inside which supposed to work as skin care thing. More natural and healthy?


I bought it from Luxola when they had 'flash sale 30% off', so it's kinda a steal. Bourjois is still considered as drugstore brand but it's more expensive than other drugstore brands in store but with better quality. I'll review it along with my concealer that I bought at counter a long time ago. They work so great together that I want to review them both at once.



Details

Foundation

Description
16 HOUR RADIANCE BOOSTER* 
EVEN & REVIVED COMPLEXION
Give your skin a radiance boost with Bourjois’ Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation – made from a vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula for an even complexion and an instant anti-fatigue result!
Its fresh and instant blending gel texture blends and glides onto the skin for an even, natural finish with no mask effect. Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed and the skin’s radiance is boosted for up to 16 hours*.
Made from an instant anti-fatigue vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula with litchi, goji berries and pomegranates.

Nett: 30ml
Price: IDR 260.000


Concealer

Description
RADIANCE & ANTI-FATIGUE
Bourjois’ new Healthy Mix fruit-therapy correcting concealer smoothes away dark circles and imperfections for a visibly rested and radiant look.
Apricot > radiance
Raspberry > micro-circulation
Melon > hydration
Its exquisite glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a natural result, with no marks.
Available in 3 natural anti-dull complexion shades, to reboost the complexion's radiance.

Nett: 10ml
Price: IDR



Packaging


Foundation



Unlike Korean foundation that always has box for almost everything, this one has no box. It's made from glass with red plastic cap. It's only 30ml so it's kinda small and makes it a perfect thing to grip.

Healthy Mix series has the same color, transparent packaging with white and red label.




White plastic pump. It gives a proper amount for 1 layer. I use 1 pump for 1 layer (I have a small face).


Concealer





Similar with the foundation, it has transparent packaging with red accent. The cap isn't red, it's more navy. It's quiet a lot for concealer (1/3 from the foundation).




Color, Texture and Scent


Foundation

I chose Vanille and it's kinda like Light Beige.
The texture is really nice, it's liquid and blends nicely into the skin. Not cakey at all. Just like using BB Cream, even some BB Cream is still more cakey than this foundation. Maybe it's because of the 'serum' thing.
The scent is really lovely, it has nice fruity scent but will fade after applying. I love the scent.


Concealer


The color is similar with the foundation.
The texture is liquid, thicker consistency than the foundation but still easy to blend on moist face, gives a smooth finish. Don't use too much or it will get cakey.
The scent is lovely, same as the foundation, fruity scent.



Review

Foundation


I love how it blends really really well on skin. It feels really light like I have nothing on face even lighten than some BB cream I've tried. Maybe because of the 'serum' thing that makes it more natural. The coverage is kinda sheer, but I can work it out with concealer, rather than using too full coverage or tons of layers of foundation. Even if I use 2 layers, it still feels really comfortable. The scent is also calming, not yucky like some other foundation I've tried.

My skin is normal dry, it also gives a semi matte finish with healthy glow (not korean dewy like) and even after 7 hours my skin still looks good, not cakey or patchy.


Concealer


It has nice coverage, kinda more to medium. Blends well on skin especially on moist face just right after using cream or foundation (best canvas).



Pros:
+ Nice fruity scent
+ Easy to blend
+ Sheer to Medium coverage (enough for me)
+ Love the packaging
+ Gives semi matte finish with healthy glow
+ Looks natural even after hours

Cons:
- Pricey for drugstore brand but still love the quality

Overall:
I love them, especially being combined together, they're a perfect combination. It's giving me somehow semi matte but still having healthy glowing complexion and it really suits my normal dry skin without making it too patchy or cakey. But still.. Having a moist skin before using foundation is a must! It's quiet long lasting on me (in AC room). Foundation only will give sheer coverage, adding concealer will make it medium. I will repurchase them if I get a good deal again (maybe at Luxola).


Comments

  1. aw, this product seeems very nice! I haven't see it here in México but the finish is really awesome!
    http://sweetbeautyreviews.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're in Mexico. Is it hard to get US product, too?
    Borjouis is sold at US drugstore I think 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. aku punya foundation nya, tapi ngga punya concealernya. gimana review buat concealernya? hasilnya matte / dewy sama kaya foundienya?? tks..

    http://natasyahardianto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bourjois is a good drugstore brand but I'm kind of not into western drugstore brands, I didn't know why because the choice is so limited so gets boring after a while or the not so inovative concepts compared to asian brands
    Still looks like a nice product, ! How do you think it's compare ale to korean BB creams at a similar price ?

    Xx Maya
    Http://beautish-bymaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum

Kalau kalian pecinta brand skincare Korea, pasti sudah ga asing lagi sama brand yang satu ini. Sulwhasoo yang cukup dikenal sebagai High End skincare brand dari Korea memang mempunyai tempat khusus di hatiku. Ini bukan pertama kalinya aku pakai brand ini, cuma karena harganya yang cukup bisa dibilang mahal jadinya dulu incip-incipnya versi sample size. Salah satu must have product di Sulwhasoo adalah First Care Activating Serum yang katanya 1 botol terjual tiap 10 detik. Beda dari skincare lainnya, serum ini justru dipakai pertama kali setelah cuci muka, sebelum pakai skincare seperti toner dan lainnya atau sering kita kenal sebagai Pre Serum . Apa sih yang bikin serum ini so special dan bahkan harganya mencapai jutaan rupiah??? Nett: 60ml Price: IDR 1.850.000 Description Kandungan utamanya adalah JAUM Activator, formula unik anti aging Sulwhasoo dengan golden ration, membantu kulit wajah tampak sehat dan memberikan pancaran alami dari dalam, serta mengaktifkan master of skin universe,...

Hempaskan kerut halus dan kusam dengan Scarlett Retinol & Niacinamide Serum

Back to another review with salah satu skincare kesayangan dari Scarlett. Pasti pada tau kan best sellernya mereka si shower scrub yang pernah aku review sebelumnya. Untuk skincare aku juga pernah coba Brightly Ever After Serumnya dan suka banget.  Sekarang ada serum terbaru lagi nih yang Retinol dan Niacinamide. Kedua kandungan tersebut lagi hype banget di dunia skincare karena untuk Retinol dikenal sebagai anti aging ingredient dan Niacinamide untuk mencerahkan. Dengan harganya yang murah meriah, serum-serum ini wajib kalian punya! Scarlett Whitening Skin Smoothing Retinol Serum Net 15ml IDR 75,000 Kandungan :   Encapsulated Retinol  • Membantu menyamarkan garis-garis halus  • Membantu mengangkat sel kulit mati  • Membantu merawat kekencangan kulit Pomegranate Extract  • Membantu melindungi kulit dari efek buruk sinar UV dan membantu melawan bakteri penyebab jerawat Hexapeptide-8   • Membantu mencegah tanda-tanda penuaan dini  • Membantu m...

Scarlett Whitening Mask Review

Aku sudah sering bahas brand yang satu ini, pasti sudah pada tau Scarlett Whitening kan. Yang mau aku bahas kali ini adalah maskernya. Yes, mereka sekarang sudah ada wash off mask atau masker yang dibilas dan aku sudah coba keduanya. Hasilnya gimana dan apa aja jenis maskernya? Baca di bawah ini yaa! Ada 2 jenis masker dari Scarlett Whitening yaitu: Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask Scarlett Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask Keduanya memiliki fungsi berbeda tapi kalau ditanya suka yang mana, it's hard for me to choose karena aku suka keduanya dengan fungsinya masing-masing. Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask Nett: 100gr Price: IDR 75,000 Description Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask dapat digunakan untuk merawat kulit berminyak, pori-pori besar, berjerawat dan berkomedo. Di dalam Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask terdapat kandungan Mugwort Extract, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Niacinamide, Bamboo Charcoal, Allantoin, Chlorophyllin, Green Tea Powder yang bermanfaat sebagai: 1) Mugwort E...