I've been knowing Maybelline since I was a teenager. There weren't many cosmetic brands in Indonesia back then, not like now. Maybelline is definitely one of the oldest. Different country has different products, not all of the Maybelline make up products range are available here, we have a very limited range from Maybelline.
No matter what, there's still a way. Raving these products by watching beauty bloggers and reading reviews, I asked a friend to get me these products from USA and even bought from some local online shops who open preorder for western drugstore brand. I like to watch reviews from beauty vloggers and I jump to this web about vlogger review. Vlogger Review has a beauty vlogger rankings that features more than 1000 beauty vloggers. It helps me a lot in searching what I need.
Here's my fave products from Maybelline US:
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer
Price: $9.99
I really love this concealer and it is always in my repurchase list. It feels really light and cover my dark circle well without cracking or being too greasy. The applicator makes it easy to use and I only need to blend a bit more with my ring finger. I use it everyday and I can say that I couldn't live without it.
I use the 'fair' one for everyday use, but they also have 'neutralizer' and 'brightener' shade. Neutralizer is meant to be used under the concealer for extreme dark circle (I think I need this shade too since my dark circle is kinda bad), and brightener is meant to brighten the area like inner corner of the eyes, brow bone, nose bridge and cheek bone. I've tried the brightener and it's a pinkish highlighter that works well without being over bright, it gives a subtle highlight because my skin is already light.
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup
Price: $12.99
This super concentrated anti-aging foundation is infused with goji berry and collagen to tighten and improve skin elasticity, while the exclusive applicator covers, fills, and smoothes to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Easily apply the foundation to cover dark circles, fine lines, and age spots.
At first, I was skeptical with this foundation, I thought it was a giant concealer because the packaging is so look a like. In my defense, my friend bought me this from US so I didn't know anything about it before. I used it as concealer but it seems too runny, I googled and finally knew that it's meant to use as a foundation. Hahah..
For a foundation, this products feels super light on skin and very hydrating. I have a normal dry skin and it's great and sit just like a second skin without being too heavy. It's not cracking and it makes my skin smooth. I'm not a foundation junkie and I don't like thick formula so I like this one.
Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Price: $7.99
Some say it's a cheaper version of YSL Touche Eclat. I got this because of that reason, too. I like this kind of applicator because it's simple and easy to use. I use the shade radiant and it gives a nice glow to my skin. I like to use it for under eye area and blend it with the instant age rewind concealer and I love the result.
I love drugstore products because of the price but also giving a good result on me. I'm still searching an affordable primer and setting spray. If you have any recommendation for me to try, please let me know in the comment below. Thanks.. ^_^

Comments
Post a Comment