How have you been doing? It's holiday now in Indonesia. Even it's yesterday, but I'd like to say 'Selamat Hari Raya Lebaran' for you who celebrate. I just got back from Surabaya last night and it's very very quiet town when the holiday came. Many places were closed, hardly to found some food, some of them will start on Monday while the others may closed until August 17th. Now, I'm back at my home, Bali, and it's very crowded here, really an upside down situation, as many people come for a holiday. Phew... How's your holiday, fellas?
So.. today I'll do a quick review for the item that I already had since a few months ago. I love pencil eyeliner, because they are the cheapest of all others eyeliner type and the color range is incredible for some brand, name it you'll find it. As you may know, I already reviewed It's skin product for the blush on here. Now is time for the eyeliner. Babyface is It's skin range for petit size for blush and pact, they also come with eyes collection. Gel pencil eyeliner is one of them.
Details
The color range isn't as much as Holika Holika
Price: $7
can be varied
Packaging & Inside
As usual, pencil eyeliner comes with a cap, all made from plastic, looks cheap. The packaging is with babypink color, typical for Babyface range, along with the logo, which is cute >_<. The color on the top part describes the color inside.
It's a gel eyeliner with pen size, so it will goes smoothly because of the creamy texture. Easy to use like drawing with a pen. It is the easiest type of eyeliner. If you're a newbie, I recommend this type of eyeliner because it's very quick and easy to use it. It also needs to be sharpened just like usual pencil eyeliner. I like this one because it doesn't look like wooden pencil, more like auto pencil.
Swatch
As the name 'Shimmer Brown', the color shown is brown with shimmer touch. It's more to soft brown to bronze, pretty and looks very natural. For light skin tone, it may be shown well, but for medium to dark skin, it won't showed up as the color is too soft.
Trying to smudge and it's easily removed. When I used, it's only stay for 2 hours and started to fade. I really recommend using eye primer before, but it is also won't help much. I like the color though, especially when smudge it and using it as eyeshadow.
Pros
+ Cute packaging
+ Creamy and smooth texture
+ Easy to use
+ Cheap
Cons
- Not many colors
- Not smudgeproof
- Color is really soft
Overall
I like the color, packaging is cute. But the color's payoff is really soft and not longlasting. I wouldn't repurchase because I like better quality. Wanna try NYX, the tosca is really beautiful. Holika Holika Jewel Pencil Eyeliner is way better in packaging and quality with same price range.
What is your favourite pencil eyeliner and color?



Great review ^.^
ReplyDeletebtw, I am hosting an international giveaway on my blog, feel free to join.
http://featuringcrystal.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/ahai-fashion-giveaway.html
Oh sweetie this looks like a nice eyeliner. Many thanks for your review!
ReplyDeletexx
www.sakuranko.com
this looks pretty but i would want a more longlasting eyeliner c: i really want to try nyx's eyeliners too! and their chubby eyeshadow stick things :D
ReplyDelete