This is my first time reviewing Body Shop. It's already a common brand in Indonesia. When I went to Body Shop counter and they had a promotion on this item IDR 99.000 ($9) I grabbed it and paid only IDR 49.000 because I exchanged my point into IDR 50.000 voucher. Good deal!
Body Shop has 3 kinds of BB Cream: Vitamin E, White Sisho BB Serum, and All in one base (this one is more like CC Cream). I've tried them all at the counter, my first impression is the Vitamin E is really moisturizing and sheer, White Sisho has whitening effect at the first time using and a bit heavy, All in one base has color changing capsules and feels light love it! I chose the Vitamin E because it was on sale and the cheapest one. Discount slave >_<.
It is a glossy pink tube with semi transparent plastic cap. Feels like a teenager with this kind of packaging. Vitamin E range is targeted to young people with the pink color. I remember that I've known and used it when I was at high school.
Description is in Indonesian, they relabeled the English description into Indonesian for all the products. It said that it is a 1 color BB cream that feels light and easy to blend into the skin that can brighten the skintone, even out skin color, and gives moisturizing effect for 12 hours.
The complete ingredients list is on the back too. It still contains paraben. Hope they'll make paraben free products in the future. It will compliment their motto for natural products.
The clear flip cap is semi transparent so sometimes it feels a bit dirty when I have something left over the cap.
At first, I'm afraid that the color is too dark for me, as you see it turns out more like sand beige rather than natural beige. It is the darkest shade I've ever had. But as promised in the description it can blend well and yes it does.
The scent is typical Vitamin E range from Body Shop. It's boring to have the same scent and not many people like this kind of scent but I'm still okay with it.
The texture is unique, I've never had something like this before. It is thick but slippery, not runny or watery at all at first, and blended like butter. Do you understand what I mean? At the end it absorbed well into the skin and gives cooling and moisturizing effect. Really love the cooling effect. It gives glowing finish and brighten just a little bit. Almost like wear nothing at all, feels really light.
On my face you can see that it gives glowing finish and moisturizing. It evens out my skin tone a little bit and brighten. It has very sheer coverage. I don't expect much from this BB Cream, it's more like tinted moisturizer (lighter than BB cream). I got attracted with the cooling effect. I think I need it because it is always hot here but I really don't understand why they don't put SPF ingredient into the product. I need it -_-.
Pros:
+ Affordable, especially on discount
+ Easy to find in any Body Shop counters
+ Flip cap makes it neat, doesn't have to play game 'where is the cap' after using
+ Moisturizing and cooling
Cons:
- Sheer coverage
- 1 shade only
- Not everyone like the scent
- No SPF
Overall:
I like this BB Cream but it's not my favorite or must have for me. It's just an okay product. I prefer all in one base because it gives more promising result. I found that it is cooling and moisturizing so it is good for dry skin because it feels light too. I like using at for day but the no SPF thing is quiet a turn down. Especially when using it for summer.




no spf? it's like a foundation :(
ReplyDeletehttp://imaginarymi.blogspot.com/
fol u via gfc. :)
ReplyDeleteiyah... pity no spf there. but it's lighter than foundie and has no coverage. more like tinted moisturizer
ReplyDeletehi lovely thanks for the follow :) followed you back on GFC xx
ReplyDeletewww.ambifashion.com