Skip to main content

Review: ELF Lip Exfoliator

Another scrub review! After my previous posts about face scrub and body scrub, now is the time for lip scrub!

I've been using several brands of lip scrub but always in a jar shape. This one is different and my favorite because it is stick type, just the same as any other lip stick. ELF (eyes lips face) is a very affordable drugstore brand with price starting from $1 (I just wish I could get them with the same price but the shipping to Indonesia makes it not super cheap anymore). This product is one of their best selling and everyone just love it.



Details

Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalised feel.

Net Weight:  4.4g

Ingredients:
Sucrose, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Fragrance, Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve).

How to Use:
Apply to clean, damp lips and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate. Use a moistened cotton pad with water to gently wipe away scrub. Follow with a lip balm or gloss to condition.

Price: $3 (around IDR 70.000 in Indonesian market)



Packaging

ELF Lip Exfoliator
Front
ELF studio is my favorite series among other ELF products. The packaging is always black which looks cleaner and more professional but with very cheap price. The box is super big compared with the product (in the middle with size only half of the box).




ELF Lip Exfoliator
Side
They have their slogan on the side box 'Become your own makeup artist when you visit eyeslipsface.com' 


ELF Lip Exfoliator
Back
Very complete details about the product on the back side of the box. Definitely the same with the website.


ELF Lip Exfoliator

The real product! same with lipstick. It is very light, the material isn't really good, and the cap is loose. I just hope it won't get messy if I bring it in my makeup bag because the inside is sweet (because it's sugar!) and I don't wanna have sticky pouch. ^_^



Texture & Swatch

See.. It's just like ordinary lipstick but... with different and unique colors of course. Between grey and brown with dark brown spots all over it.


ELF Lip Exfoliator
Before & After
First time opening it, it looks just like the perfect shape of lipstick. But after using it, it turns into rough texture because the sugar granules are revealed as it melts.


ELF Lip Exfoliator
The sugar granules after applying
The brown spots are the sugar granules, sometimes it left residue but just massage it in circular motion and it works really nice! Leaves my lips super smooth and pinkish but also moist because of the nourish ingredients in it. 

It tastes sweet because it's real sugar and yummy! Using it without eating or tasting it a bit is impossible ^_^. I love it.....!


Pros:
+ Affordable
+ Very easy to use, the easiest lip scrub!
+ Makes my lips smooth, pinkish and moist
+ Compact shape just like lipstick
+ Yummy!  It's sugar.. (just don't over eat it)
+ Big granules (can be a pro or con for some people). I like it because it's easier to make my lips softer

Cons:
- Hard to get and much more expensive in Indonesia
- The cap is loose

Conclusion:
I love it! Very convenient and easy to use, looks much cooler with this kind of lipstick shape. It is also makes my lips moist at the same time. The sugar granules are quiet big, so for dry lips, I recommend this one just don't over do it. I love big granules more because my lips are easily get chapped. 
This is definitely staying in my purse!

Comments

  1. aku prmh coba yg body shop punya tp syng nya krg ngefek TT kayaknya ini bgs jd pengen cb :3 anw, salam kenal ^^

    Join my giveaway! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii... baru tau loh body shop punya lip scrub.. cobain aja yg ini, harganya jg masih friendly <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. aku baru aja beli produk ini. hopefully it works well also for me =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: IOPE Air Cushion Sunblock EX No.22 Ice Shimmer Beige

IOPE is a brand from Amore Pacific. The medium high collection similar with Laneige and Mamonde. The skin care range is more for older people, while Laneige and Mamonde are for younger people. This is my first IOPE. It is really best selling, sold 1 every 30 seconds in the world. I also heard that it is featured in many magazines, got award, etc... I am curious with this air cushion thing. and it is really good to know there is a compact sunblock with high SPF (it's 50!!). Since it is superrrr hot here in Bali, where I live, I don't like wearing cream sunblock. *Sorry for blurry picture* The box is thick because it contains the compact sunblock + FREE REFILL... Love it the free one. You also get the small booklet for product description inside. Description It is 4 in 1 function: brightening, UV protection, make up, cooling. The cooling effect is new to me, I never have cooling effect product before. Really all in ...

News: Etude House Magic Any Cushion (Any Cushion + Choux Base???)

Quick News from Etude House! Etude Hose, why are you keep making me broke? Maybe for some people. it's really true. They are now going on their spring collection as the new lips fit already launched. A few days ago, there is something new and it's so exciting and colorful.  Etude House Any Cushion has been a hit and it's best selling item. Do you remember the last year Sweet Recipe collection, I reviewed the   Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base #2 Berry . And now they are combining both of them and creating a new Etude House Magic Any Cushion. I love how they look. They're just like macaroons to me! Kyaa... There are 3 colors just like the Baby Choux Base, Peach, Mint and Berry. It claims that the cushion can magically tone up the skin. So if you have redness, you can choose the mint one. If you have pale skin like me, berry is the perfect one, and peach can also whiten your skin tone. I love this idea because it is more practical becaus...

Review: Eveline Glicerini Hand and Nail Cream Bio Olive + Karite Butter

Back then, my mom bought me this hand cream at Sasa Hongkong. At first, I was sceptical about this because I've never heard about it before,  Eveline is a pretty name for a girl but never heard about them on cosmetics or so. It's a brand from Poland that has been sold worldwide. I love Sasa because they sell a lot of products, so many brands that I don't know and they are affordable. I hope Sasa will open in Indonesia, someday *dreaming*. After searching and browsing, I'm surprised that they have so many products for make up and care (face, ,body, hair). Such a lot of products. And I've found this on their web, the description of the hand cream and what's in it. GLYCERINE CONCENTRATED HAND AND NAIL CREAM DEEPLY NOURISHING + REGENERATING BIO OLIVE + KARITE BUTTER strengthens nails  48h perfectly absorbing formula NATURAL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS Glycerine hand cream ensures deep nourishment and intense regeneration. Makes even very damaged and dehydrate...