This is my first time trying body sorbet. Felt weird first time hearing it, isn't sorbet supposed to be eaten? But it sounds so refreshing. So.. why not?
I got it last month when The Body Shop had 50% discount on this baby. Let's take a look!
Details
Description
Scoop an industry first with this cool body moisturiser, infused with energising pink grapefruit scent! Our breakthrough sorbet texture instantly melts into skin for a frosty burst of fresh moisture.
Light and fast-absorbing
Leaves body instantly moisturised
Up to 24 hours of hydration
Enriched with Community Fair Trade organic aloe from Guatemala
Ingredients
Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent/Diluent), PEG-8 (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Isododecane (Solvent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Sodium Acrylates Crosspolymer-2 (Absorbent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hydrogenated Tetradecenyl/Methylpentadecene (Solvent), Ethylhexylglycerin (Skin Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Citrus Paradisi Seed Oil/Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Mel/Honey/Miel (Natural Additive), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Benzophenone-3 (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colorant).
Nett: 200 ml
Price: IDR 159.000
Packaging
This is a big tube. It's made from doff plastic so it's nice to hold it. Because it's transparent, we can see the inside's color. It has flip cap and convenient to use.
The back side has ingredients and other info but covered with sticker in Indonesian language.
Color, Texture & Scent
Because it's pink grapefruit, of course the color is pink! The texture is unique, really 'sorbet' like. It's kinda like gel but there's small particles like jelly granules in it. It has pleasant grapefruit scent, I like it because it's sweet yet refreshing, way better than the satsuma which is too strong for my nose.
Review
It's fast absorbing but I can still feel the granules for a while after using. A little bit annoying sometimes because I feel there's still something sitting on my skin. I like the scent though and it has refreshing and cooling sensation when applying, really fun playing with it. For the result, because it's a light moisturizer, it doesn't fell 'thick' moist like body butter, it's more to 'light' moist on skin. Not sticky but still need time to absorb too. It's perfect for summer.
Pros:
+ Unique texture
+ Feels light on skin
+ Cooling and refreshing sensation
+ Fruity and refreshing scent
Cons:
- I can feel the sorbet 'granules' sitting on skin after applying
Overall:
This is unique and nice product to try. The Body Shop keep producing it, I can see from the new line 'Green Tea' they have this one too (not available in Indonesia yet). I found it such a bargain because of the discount. Even though I like the feel and the scent, but I'm not sure of repurchasing it because the granules after applying is a bit annoying for me.



I have this too and find it nice and refreshing for summer- I love anything grapefruit scented! Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com
ReplyDelete