Bali has countless hotels at so many locations but this is my first time reviewing hotel around Ungasan or Uluwatu area. I bet you must have heard about Golden Tulip before, right. There are 3 Golden Tulip Hotels in Bali which is in Denpasar, Sunset Road, and Ungasan. This one is the best Golden Tulip of all, the one in Ungasan.
Last month Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel & Convention invited me to experience their hotel for a night. Since I had an event to attend the earlier morning, I arrived a bit late in the afternoon at Golden Tulip Bay View. I got to stay at Deluxe Room with beautiful pool access, this was my first time having a pool access room btw and I was so excited.
They have 4 types of room: Superior, Deluxe, Executive Suite and Suite Royale. I stayed at Deluxe room with pool access and I got a chance to visit Suite Royale too.
This room is huge for deluxe size. It's very spacious and even has a small sofa corner plus a balcony (sorry I forgot to take the photo of the balcony). I can feel the tropical modern vibe from this room with all the wood and stone wall, also the unique lamp shade.
The bathroom isn't too big but the concept is kinda unique where the door for the toilet is the same for the bathroomt, you can either use it to close the whole toilet or just the toilet area. Decorated with cream marble wall, it gives a spacious feel to the room.
Not to forget the highlight from this room type is the jacuzzi in a VERY BIG bathroom. Who can resist?! Especially when the jacuzzi is facing the mountain view far far away, just a perfect place to spend your lazy day.
ROOM
They have 4 types of room: Superior, Deluxe, Executive Suite and Suite Royale. I stayed at Deluxe room with pool access and I got a chance to visit Suite Royale too.
Deluxe Room
Size: 43 sqm
Total Room: 13
Unwind at one of the beautiful view from the room with modern and stylish décor and beautiful Pool access,settle into the elegant ambiance features King/Twin bed, private balcony, Large Standing Shower, Bath Tub, 60 TV Channels, Wardrobe, Private safe, Writing desk, Full bathroom amenities, Hair dryer, Self-Controlled AC, Mini Bar, IDD Telephone, Coffee & Tea making facilities
24 Hours Room service, Water bottled complimentary, evening turndown service, Free-High speed Wi-fi
This room is huge for deluxe size. It's very spacious and even has a small sofa corner plus a balcony (sorry I forgot to take the photo of the balcony). I can feel the tropical modern vibe from this room with all the wood and stone wall, also the unique lamp shade.
The bathroom isn't too big but the concept is kinda unique where the door for the toilet is the same for the bathroomt, you can either use it to close the whole toilet or just the toilet area. Decorated with cream marble wall, it gives a spacious feel to the room.
Suite Royale
As the highest room type at Golden Tulip Bay View, this room has a lot to offer. This Suite Royale isn't an ordinary hotel room, it looks like an expensive apartment which I really wanna live in there. As we enter, there's a foyer, then a living room, dining room and bedroom. All in modern vibe with brown, cream, dark brown and white color.
FACILITES
As for the hotel, I really love the location, it's located on main road of Jl Raya Uluwatu but I don't feel annoyed at all. The surrounding is calm and has the best view facing North Bali where we can see the mighty and only one, Mount Agung. They have 2 pools: the main pool at level 1 and the one with pool access from Deluxe Room at level 5. I got to say that the pool from Deluxe Room has the best view, who doesn't like swimming while enjoying the Mount Agung view far far away.
Gym
Beside pool, a gym is a must too. It's located at level 5 facing the pool and stunning view just right next to the spa. I didn't have a chance to try the gym and spa but looking forward to it since I heard that they have ICE CREAM SPA, who doesn't want that, omg!
Chapel
This chapel is located behind the hotel, not far from the restaurant on the fifth floor. Walk along the beautiful garden and you can find a chapel with 180 degrees view. If you're looking for a chapel with restaurant and beautiful view, don't forget to check this one out.
Convention
This hotel offers a complete place, not only chapel but there's also a building for convention or meeting room. Perfect for wedding and big event around Uluwatu area. I didn't enter the building so I couldn't share some photos but you can check at their web for sure.
FOOD
Dinner Buffet
At night, I had a chance to enjoy the dinner buffet with various choices and pretty display. There's plenty of choices and I couldn't choose which one to eat first, but finally I tried the Mongolian BBQ first as the delight of that night's dinner.
Beside the Mongolian BBQ, there's also steak and pasta along with some seafood BBQ. I love all of them, especially the mushroom sauce for the steak is yummy. For the seafood I really love the squid, it's tender and fresh and yummy for sure.
Not only Western or Asian food, this was my first time finding 'Tipat Cantok' at Dinner Buffet. Tipat Cantok is one of Bali's famous local foods. It contains "tipat" seasoned with grounded peanut along with vegetables like long bean, bean sprouts, tofu and few other stuffs. The best thing is if it's spicy, I really love spicy food and always ask for medium to high spiciness level.
Don't forget the dessert! So many choices til I couldn't fit them anymore into my stomach. From traditional dessert like black sticky rice pudding to chocolate pudding, fruit pie and cakes. I really love the display, look at how pretty they are. Not only pretty but they're delicious too.
Breakfast
One thing that excites me when staying at hotel is enjoying their breakfast. I'm not really a breakfast person but I do like having long breakfast at hotel. I can stay for hours just to enjoy the view, atmosphere and of course the food.
Breakfast at Golden Tulip Bay View is a must have experience. I'm not talking about the food only but for the fresh air in the morning and the best 180 degrees view of Bali from the hill. It's just how you enjoy life. But, make sure to be there early because it will be so hot during the mid day. They have plenty of choices from Asian to Western but so many Asian food with some Balinese dishes that is a must try here.
Lunch
Beside the breakfast and dinner buffet, there's also ala carte menu which you can eat at the restaurant for lunch and dinner or you can just order in if you're too lazy to go out. Enjoying the room, view and pool front access can make me spend a whole day in my room, right. The restaurant is also a nice place to relax at lunch time or in the afternoon.
I had Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup) and Nasi Iga Bakar (Grilled ribs and rice) for lunch. Even though the ribs is a bit hard with the texture but it's still yummy. And for the oxtail soup, don't forget to ask for a hot one. At this hotel, the Indonesian food is recommended so you should try some too.
Overall, I really enjoyed spending time and staying here. This place is really nice with the room and especially the view. It's a big hotel and unique hotel with a lot to offer. I'll definitely be back for a stay my own.
==========================
Golden Tulip Bay View Hotel Bali
Address: Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Banjar Giri Dharma, Ungasan
Kuta Selatan, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Phone: (0361) 8498000
==========================



















Comments
Post a Comment