Happy International Women's Day for every women in the world!
Being a woman isn't a choice, but being a lady is... I like being a woman and enjoy the process of it. Yes, sometimes I do feel it's such ashame that I'm limited to do things in certain condition (like monthly period) and I do have some problems which only woman can have, but I'm grateful for everything. Let's fight for every woman and show that we're something.
Earlier this month, The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali celebrated International Women’s Day on Thursday, 8th March 2018 with a colorful afternoon tea and they invited me to join the event. It was highlighted by an empowering presentation by Indonesian fashion entrepreneur, Riana Bismarak, who is currently paving the way for other women to follow their passion and succeed. I was so grateful to be part of it and I got so many new knowledge about being a woman.
The event was launched with a fashion parade featuring 14 inspiring female leaders from Marriott Hotels & Resorts Bali who all wore affordable designs by Riana. The Ree brand is currently making its mark on the local fashion scene. It has been carefully crafted to help Indonesian women look good in any kind of business or social situation without the steep price tag.
An audience of likeminded women then gathered in the uplifting ambience of the resort’s renewed Lobby Lounge & Bar for a talk session. Sharing her personal experience, former hospitality executive Riana explained how women can brand themselves by adopting a personal style. I really love her words about being a woman, "We dress or look nice aren't to impress men, we do it for ourselves!"
After a group photo, all of the lovely ladies in attendance were invited to socialize and enjoy a selection of irresistible tea-time treats created by Executive Chef Manoj Rawat and his culinary team. A fabulous cake in the shape of a handbag was the centerpiece for this delicious afternoon spread. The afternoon tea was so wonderful, the sweet and savory created a wonderful joy in my mouth. They're beautiful yet so delicious. I'm spolied..
I really love the new concept of The Westin's lobby called The Lobby Bar & Lounge. It's more than just an ordinary hotel's lobby, it's a place where we can relax and enjoy our time while gazing to the glass artwork on the ceiling and of course the tropical garden and pool outside through the clear glass. I'd love to stay here for hours while working or meeting a friend.
During the rendezvous, there was a fun pop-up shop featuring exclusive clothing items and accessories by Ree. A lucky draw gifted door prizes of hotel and fashion vouchers to few happy winners. I'm so lucky to be one of the winner and got the yoga voucher. Soon, I'll go to The Westin to enjoy that.
This event was supported by HardRock FM Bali, What’s New Bali and What’s New Jakarta while all audio visual technology for the afternoon was supplied by FOCUS.
==============================
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali
Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua Lot N-3, Benoa Kuta Selatan, Bali
==============================
Comments
Post a Comment