Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner is still my fave gel eyeliner because it is good, cheap and big. I already have the black one with eyeshadow on the top of it, see here for further review. I love it so I decided to buy the brown one because I love brown eyeliner. It will give softer and more natural look. Totally must have for me.
The packaging is similar like other gel eyeliner, but what I like here is this one has a brush on the top of it and it's so helpful, I don't want to use separate eyeliner brush everytime I use an eyeliner. It's just not practical. It is also quiet big compared to others like Revlon, Maybelline. The black color and transparent jar make it looks elegant.
At the bottom of the packaging, there is the no of the shade. I chose 02 brown.
And here it is what I like, it has the brush on the top of it. It is big enough to make bold look. Easy to use and worry no more because I can apply gel eyeliner everywhere.
The brush can be extended to a longer form, this is more ergonomic to use and I like it, the size would be as big as a short pencil and make it easy to draw.
The brown gel I chose. I love the brown, it's not too dark and not too light either. Reminds me of milk chocolate which is really similar with this one. Watch out, caution do not eat. ^_^
The color is buildable, to have a lighter color just use it in one swipe, bolder color by applying once more. What I like that it's good with the smudge proof, it's not really smudge proof, but after drying it is quiet hard to be removed.
The texture is soft and eassy to apply. It goes on smoothly, just remember to clean your brush often.
I often use this and wash my face in the middle of the day, heavy sweating day and it is smudging a bit on the outer corner of my eyes (just clean it with cotton bud), but the eyeliner is still there perfectly. No flaking like liquid eyeliner or cheap gel eyeliner.
If you want to have smoking effect from the gel eyeliner, you can smudge it immediately after applying, don't wait until it dries up. The effect is quiet good and it stays longer than usual eyeshadows. Haven't played with this one because I like simple wing eyeliner better.
Sorry for the too yellowish pic. I took a photo with my phone cam. Sleek brown eyeliner is easy with this Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner #2 Brown. My fave till now!
Pros:
+ Affordable
+ Big, contains a lot of product
+ Available with many colors, even with the colorful swirl
+ Long wearing, quiet good for waterproof and smudgeproof
+ Have a brush on the top of it
+ Smooth texture, easy to apply
Cons:
- Big jar, not travel friendly
Overall:
I like this one that's why I bought 2 pcs similar, the black with eyeshadows and this one. Black and brown is a must have for eyliener. This is my fave eyeliner. Of course I'd repurchase this if I run out on this one but it will mean that I will have to wait for a long time because it is big and I've used my old one for a long time and it doesn't dry out like my old eyeliner code B from Etude House








great review :)
ReplyDeleteLucu juga ya eyeliner warna coklat ^_^
ReplyDeleteKelihatan lebih santai warnanya :D
Cool review!
ReplyDeleteI'm planning to purchase this liner too.
It seems so good! xD
Anw, you have such a lovely blog.
I've followed you.
Mind to follow me back? ^^
xx
Debby
AMOUR DE MA VIE
adus jess racuuun, kebetulan eyeliner abis nech, pengen beli ini dech tp kuasnya ujungnya gak begitu lancip tipis yak? agak tebel gitu? *apa salah lihat* xixixi
ReplyDeletethanks @Chao Mina
ReplyDeleteiya dari dulu aku suka eyeliner coklat. warnanya lebih kalem :D
ReplyDelete@Kornelia Luciana
kuasnya emang agak gepeng lebar gitu, bukan model lancip, jadi cocoknya kl bikin eyeliner agak tebel, kl mo lancip harus agak2 miring aplikasinya tapi ga sesusah liquid kok. ini pake di mobil sambil jalan masih sanggup sayah.. kl eyeliner cair mah nyerah
ReplyDelete