I just posted about Clinique's event a week ago at Centro Kuta (check here). Now is the time to review what they gave us in the goodie bag for Bloggers. I was so excited when I saw the BB Cream (although I prefer CC Cream), but this made me happy too.
Clinique only has 1 BB Cream which has semi matte finish, while the CC Cream has radiant finish. This is my first time trying Western BB Cream from branded makeup. Usually I have Korean BB Cream, so let's see my thought.
Details
Benefits: De-Ages, Multitasks, SPF
This instant morning routine gives skin just about everything it needs for a quick start.
What is BB Cream?
Age Defense BB (Beauty Balm) Cream offers SPF protection, antioxidants for prevention, plus enough coverage to banish imperfections. The perfect primer, too.
How to Use:
Mornings, apply to clean skin after 3-Step Skin Care and treatment serums.
Squeeze a small amount of BB Cream onto palm and warm it up with your fingers.
Apply sparingly, starting from the center of the face using semi-circular movements. Press gently to even out on skin.
For gentle, efficient removal, use any Clinique makeup remover.
Finish: Semi-Matte/Matte
Size: 1.4 oz / 40 ml
Price: $37
Packaging
The BB Cream theme is green. The box and the tube is green with Clinique logo on it. It's elegant, classy and very Clinique. From the logo below, it's good to be used up to 24 months. Usually for others, I've seen it's only 12 months.
Texture
I found it quiet thick because I'm used to have glossy and watery BB cream, but it's still easy to blend. Just remember to put skincare first. It gives powdery matte finish which I love too because this is my first matte BB Cream and I prefer matte finish on sunny days.
Scent
Clinique is scentless, they don't use artificial perfume. But still, there is (hard to describe) chemical scent or something but doesn't really bother me. It's very similar with the City Sunblock I have.
Swatch
A bit sorry for different lighting here. It has sheer coverage and because it's matte, it looks a bit powdery. I never use powder after this BB Cream or it'll get cakey. It has yellow tone so it's giving my face natural skin color that still fits on my skin.
It has matte finish and looks good just like the first time applied after 3 hours or so. It's still matte and looks fresh even without using any powder. I really like it for morning or afternoon because it doesn't make my face greasy but I feel a bit dry on my skin.
PROS:
+ Feels light on skin
+ Good oil control (matte finish)
+ Sheer coverage
+ Has SPF 30
CONS:
- Pricey
- A bit dry for me after several hours (dry combination skin)
- A bit dry for me after several hours (dry combination skin)
OVERALL:
I'm happy to get this because I love it. All the time I've always used dewy or glowing BB Cream because I like the finish and it suits my skin type, but since it's very hot nowadays, I tried the BB Cream and it feels nice and matte on skin without making it patchy or dry. Just don't forget to moist the skin before or I'll feel dry on my skin. I like the finish and it's quiet long lasting. I think it's best for oily skin. The price tag is high though, I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this.









Comments
Post a Comment