Skip to main content

Review: Tony Moly Luminous Sheer Powder

Back with Tony Moly again. One of my favourite Korean brand. This loose powder I bought months ago, because I only have 1 loose powder from Skinfood Buckwheat, I prefer using loose powder everyday because it is softer and lighter. It also saves money because I just use a little with the big jar.

After browsing, I just knew that it has two versions, the other one is Luminous Perfume Loose Powder. I haven't seen it and don't know what the difference beside the perfume, but it is prettier and more pink. But I'm happy to get this one as it is on sale.










Details

 Description:
- Pearl powder, as luminous as a teardrop, elegantly shines face with hologram pearl effect to display a brighter skintone.
- Porous powder effectively controls sebum to maintain the makeup soft and glossy.
- contains Jojoba and vitamin E derivatives to keep the skin soft and silky


It still contains paraben but I never have a problem with it. For you who are concern, you can try Innisfree brands. But I'm still ok with it. For other ingredients, I don't really understand, but I've never experienced anything bad with it.

How to use:
Apply to the T zone, cheekbone area or chin area after base make-up.

Size: 15gr
Price: Bought it on sale under $10



Packaging

The box is silver but not metallic, not really pretty. But the powder packaging is beautiful. It is big, I won't bring it for travel. The cap is similar like flip cap and it is a mirror cap but made from light material, not real mirror or something heavy. I think the cap reflects the luminous part. The body is doff plastic which makes it more elegant rather than clear plastic.


There is a big puff inside and a mirror. Isn't is beautiful? Even though it has a mirror, it is not heavy and a mirror could be useful.
The puff is big and quiet thick but I don't really like it, it's not soft enough. My Skinfood Buckwheat's puff is softer. I prefer using brush to apply this to get more even result because this one contains pearl so it need softer touch to apply.


There is a sticker for powder seal inside. It is usual for loose powder to keep it inside.


The powder hole is big so we have to be careful when pouring it out, especially when using a brush, just make sure the brush is big enough to cover the holes, just to prevent a mess.



Swatch

The powder looks white but it has a pink shimmer but not really visible.


It still looks white after I blend the powder but I don't really blend it so you can still look the powder color. It feels soft, not harsh even though it contains glitter but still has bigger particles than soft powder or HD powder for sure.


After more blending, you can see the pink shimmer and it blended out well with the skin. It is still visible as an illuminating pink finish.


As you can see on my face, I don't wear any skincare or makeup product to make you see the real powder. It has soft pink shimmer with small particles. I prefer to use it as a highlight or all over face powder at night.

The powder contains pearl and the color is a little bit pink. It makes the luminous finish, pretty! This usually used for highlighter, if I use it for all over my face, sometimes it will be too much. When I go to the party I will use this all over my face, but for hangout I usually use it just as highlighter. It is a cheap highlighter I think, you got a lot!

The finish is shimmery but not too much, it has soft glitters so my face won't end up with glitter chunks. It's not really visible.Yay.. It gives pretty shimmery pink. I've never had pink highlighter so it would be useful. Usually I use highlighter in yellow tone. This pink can also enhance the blush if it use before blusher.

The oil control is good I think because it is a loose powder which has better oil control than a pact, so it will be a good highlighter too for oily skin.


Pros:
+ Affordable
+ Get a lot of product
+ Shimmering but not glitter chunks
+ Soft finish

Cons:
- Don't use too much or all over the face, it will end up too pink and shimmery
- Not really suitable for everyday look


Have you tried it? Share your thoughts

Comments

  1. yg perfume namany agak mengerikan ya.. hahhaa..
    aku klo pake bedak ngrasa ga ada bedanya jd ga pnh pakai bedak lg jes XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soalnya kl ga pake bedak gak ngeset gt pas panas2an. Kl ac gpp. Hot banget disini -_-.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah jd pingin nyoba.... sayangnya kayaknya ak jerawatan kalau ada paraben hahaha T.T)~
    Nice post ce^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you... hihi susah dong nyari kosmetik kl gitu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried it yet but I agree it's so pretty! ^^


    http://superairam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah thankyou.. I like it too for special occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of this with its purpose of this being a compact powder, i didnt realise it was gonna be THAT shiny and luminous until i swatched it, so now i use it as a highlighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah agree with u. I once applied it to all over my face and my bf told me that I look so shiny (not in a good way, I think). Lol. Me too using it as highlight would be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same! At first i put it all over my face like normal compact powders and it wasnt a good look :( luckily it functions much better as a highlighter! I love this on my nose bridge^^

    http://serenesydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum

Kalau kalian pecinta brand skincare Korea, pasti sudah ga asing lagi sama brand yang satu ini. Sulwhasoo yang cukup dikenal sebagai High End skincare brand dari Korea memang mempunyai tempat khusus di hatiku. Ini bukan pertama kalinya aku pakai brand ini, cuma karena harganya yang cukup bisa dibilang mahal jadinya dulu incip-incipnya versi sample size. Salah satu must have product di Sulwhasoo adalah First Care Activating Serum yang katanya 1 botol terjual tiap 10 detik. Beda dari skincare lainnya, serum ini justru dipakai pertama kali setelah cuci muka, sebelum pakai skincare seperti toner dan lainnya atau sering kita kenal sebagai Pre Serum . Apa sih yang bikin serum ini so special dan bahkan harganya mencapai jutaan rupiah??? Nett: 60ml Price: IDR 1.850.000 Description Kandungan utamanya adalah JAUM Activator, formula unik anti aging Sulwhasoo dengan golden ration, membantu kulit wajah tampak sehat dan memberikan pancaran alami dari dalam, serta mengaktifkan master of skin universe,...

Hempaskan kerut halus dan kusam dengan Scarlett Retinol & Niacinamide Serum

Back to another review with salah satu skincare kesayangan dari Scarlett. Pasti pada tau kan best sellernya mereka si shower scrub yang pernah aku review sebelumnya. Untuk skincare aku juga pernah coba Brightly Ever After Serumnya dan suka banget.  Sekarang ada serum terbaru lagi nih yang Retinol dan Niacinamide. Kedua kandungan tersebut lagi hype banget di dunia skincare karena untuk Retinol dikenal sebagai anti aging ingredient dan Niacinamide untuk mencerahkan. Dengan harganya yang murah meriah, serum-serum ini wajib kalian punya! Scarlett Whitening Skin Smoothing Retinol Serum Net 15ml IDR 75,000 Kandungan :   Encapsulated Retinol  • Membantu menyamarkan garis-garis halus  • Membantu mengangkat sel kulit mati  • Membantu merawat kekencangan kulit Pomegranate Extract  • Membantu melindungi kulit dari efek buruk sinar UV dan membantu melawan bakteri penyebab jerawat Hexapeptide-8   • Membantu mencegah tanda-tanda penuaan dini  • Membantu m...

Scarlett Whitening Mask Review

Aku sudah sering bahas brand yang satu ini, pasti sudah pada tau Scarlett Whitening kan. Yang mau aku bahas kali ini adalah maskernya. Yes, mereka sekarang sudah ada wash off mask atau masker yang dibilas dan aku sudah coba keduanya. Hasilnya gimana dan apa aja jenis maskernya? Baca di bawah ini yaa! Ada 2 jenis masker dari Scarlett Whitening yaitu: Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask Scarlett Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask Keduanya memiliki fungsi berbeda tapi kalau ditanya suka yang mana, it's hard for me to choose karena aku suka keduanya dengan fungsinya masing-masing. Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask Nett: 100gr Price: IDR 75,000 Description Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask dapat digunakan untuk merawat kulit berminyak, pori-pori besar, berjerawat dan berkomedo. Di dalam Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask terdapat kandungan Mugwort Extract, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Niacinamide, Bamboo Charcoal, Allantoin, Chlorophyllin, Green Tea Powder yang bermanfaat sebagai: 1) Mugwort E...